Tuesday, February 14, 2012

wanderings

soooo while in this lovely city, I've decided the valley is going to be where i most likely reside. its in my budget and has everything i would need! its also really easy to get to the highways, which is now something i will have to keep in mind. on that general note, traffic sucks.

so during my touristy moments in LA, I've done Hollywood boulevard and the observatory.

Hollywood boulevard is a world in itself. first off, it seems to be permanently Halloween. i saw multiple transformers, spider men (and 1 spider woman), a multitude of johnny depps and his characters, and a Hendrix. and these are a mere sampling. there are also quite a few very annoying people who don't seem to realize common courtesies of existence but aren't there always?

i did the tour of graumans theater which was a fun blend of my history loving side and theater loving self. the super fun part was i was the only person on my tour so it was a very easy going and not touristy overwhelming. I have also decided it is necessary to see a movie in graumans. NECESSARY.

the observatory was beautiful! I mostly went to get a picture of the Hollywood sign. (quick interjection: the Hollywood sign is small. rather disappointing actually) so i took my obligatory pictures but also took a bunch more. the view was breathtaking. gentleman, trying to get a girl? take her to the observatory at sunset. the view of the valley and the city blew my mind. literally. mind. blown.

and don't you worry folks! once i get back to Boston and grab my camera cord, i shall upload you some pictures.

other than that, just driving around the city was fun. i wish i could afford to have rented a car for the entirety of my stay here but fiscally that would just be disastrous. so for now, i go to wake up my dear host and go do something!!!

oh. and brandon hall made it to the semi-finals of the juan annual beer pong tourney. but congrats to noah and bryan as winners!

for the record, i beat noah 1 on 1.

and yes. that makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment